Friday, July 5, 2013

Our Humble Abode

 Our house is nice and comfortable but I feel like I am in jail.   We have bars on all the windows and doors.  When we leave the house we lock up 2 padlocks and the lock on the door itself.    But at least we are secure.  (we hope).  A little different than Monroe where we didn't have to lock anything!
 This is a picture of our front room, pretty nice, don't you think?
 Kitchen is also quite nice, microwave doesn't work well though.  We brought some microwave popcorn from home and popped it in a pan on top of the stove, and it was delicious!

Our water has a 3 filter system on it so it is what we drink.  Tastes pretty good and looks clean.
 This is a way nice bathroom.  No plugin for my hair dryer, which doesn't matter cause my hair is just bad.  We have to be careful in the shower not to get water in our mouths or we could get sick.  hmm
 Bedroom is nice and big.  The fan goes all night in case of mosquitoes, and to keep us cooler.  We have a mosquito net but haven't set it up yet.  The Elders all sleep with a net.
Washroom, again with the bars on the windows.  We have a washer and dryer as you can see, but the water isn't too great to wash in.

3 comments:

  1. I think your house looks nice! almost all the comforts of home. still crazy to think that your are there. the people look like they are nice, but I think you should have the native girls put your hair in corn rolls or just wear one of those turban things. anyway it looks like you are doing good. its fun to see these pictures. angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks way nice!! I was expecting worse so that's good to see! I loved looking at all these pictures, it actually looks quite tropical, I was picturing just dirt I guess. :). I bet everyone there loves you! And I'm sure the Elders are so happy you're there too. - Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure beats a little grass shack. I finally went to Kmart the other day. Just wasn't the same without you so I left. Keeping you in my thoughts daily. Alma

    ReplyDelete