Monday, July 8, 2013

learning to play the piano

I wish I could play the piano!  They really need a piano player here!  All the singing is done acapella, which sounds pretty good, but they would like someone to play. I am practicing at the church, we need to send a picture of the inside of the chapel, it is pretty nice in here.
Things are going quite well, except for our water pump, it's off now, but the plumber is supposed to come in the morning so we hope that happens.
We just returned from the market, we need to get a pic of that,  Everytime I'm there I feel like I'm in a movie, maybe an Indiana Jones one.  It's really crazy there.
Tomorrow we need to take a bike up to kada for a missionary.  But first we will have the district meeting at our house.  The missionaries like it there because I fix a treat for them.
Today is our neighbor Elder Christtensen's birthday, so we are going to have them for dinner in just a little while.  I even made a white cake and we will put mango and banana and pineapple on top, I wish I had some cool whip!
 Hope you are all well, we are so lucky to have you for our family and friends.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! This is Monica, Elder Christensen's mom, thank you SOOOOO much for fixing Elder Christensen dinner for his birthday since I can't be there to do it! Thanks for making the day special for him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be awesome if you can learn to play the piano for them!! Sounds like a delicious birthday cake too! I can't wait to see pictures of the market! What do you get there? How far. Is Kada? I bet the missionaries love coming to your house with treats involved!!- Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Beverly! It is never too late to learn to play any musical instruments. And though people have different reasons they want to learn to play them, the process is the same for everyone. Take that initiative to learn, have patience, work hard, and persevere. Good luck! I wish to hear about you finally taking the pianist's seat in your church soon!
    Patti @ Avila Music School

    ReplyDelete