Friday, August 23, 2013

Moving day

 We had to completely stock two apartments before the new missionaries arrived.   I learned to carry things on my head just like the natives do.   Although I had to hold it with one hand so it wouldn't fall off.  
Here is a new refrigerator that we took to one of the apartments.   I carried it in all by myself on my head but no one took a picture of it.    




This is the trusty little bike shop where I buy all my bike parts.   There is only room for one customer at a time inside.    A lot of people here ride bikes so it is a pretty busy place.   The owner fixed a bike for me because I didn't have a special wrench which it took to remove a bolt.  It took him over an hour to fix it and he had to replace a couple of parts.   He charged me only 5cd's which is only $2.50.   I gave him 10cd's and now I have a friend for life. 
We went to market to get a cutlass to do some work at out service project.  They work great to chop grass, weeds and lions.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are so talented to carry a mattress AND a refrigerator on your head! I can't believe that no one got a picture of that! Duh! :) looks like a lot of work though! Nice bike shop too.....good to make friends with the locals :)
    - Natalie

    ReplyDelete