Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hammin it up in the bush

I had to change the wire on my ham radio antenna so I had to climb up the tower part way.   Since my tower consists of a 35 foot bamboo pole it was a bit tricky.  But with help from above I succeeded. 
 My only audience was this small black goat.  I don't think he was at all impressed with my climbing ability.  I got my shirt caught on the spears when I came down but I came away unscaved.    
 I needed a small piece of wood for some repairs to the missionaries apartment so we went to a local cabinet makers shop.  What you see is his whole shop.   He had no power tools, only a hand saw, hammer, wooden block plane and a tape measure.    He made the cabinet or hutch that you can see part of in the background behind the square post.   It was very nice and he had done an extremely good job on it.  It even had drawers and glass sliding doors on the top.   He said he wanted 200 cd's for it or $100.00...Not bad for hand crafted.   Really hand crafted. 
Elder Smith and Elder Bacodie going out on their first lesson together.  They have lived in the same apartment for a long time but were not companions till Elder Christensen left.   

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just wanted to thank you for having this blog. Elder Smith is my little brother. I love logging on and seeing your new posts and pictures of him. Thank you for taking such great care of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the little goat that was watching you dad. that is funny. im glad that you have a little bit of home with the ham radio and peanuts! any way everything looks real good, even moms hair do. super curly! just have the natives put it in corn rolls, or cut it short like they have it. nah it looks good. angie

    ReplyDelete